The Cambridge Tech Week (CTW) is a programme, delivered by a consortium formed from Cambridge Tech Week Ltd and Cambridge Wireless Ltd (CW). The Cambridge Tech Week website is operated by CW on behalf of Cambridge Tech Week Ltd. CW is a company limited by guarantee (Company Number: 06529916), registered at: Peters Elworthy & Moore (PEM), Salisbury House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2LA. Cambridge Tech Week Ltd is a private limited company (Company Number: 13292525).
Changes to these terms
Information and links on our Site
CTW takes great care in providing general and non-binding information about CTW, its participants and registered users. Information and other materials posted on our Site, and/or linked through our Site, are provided for general information only. CTW does not guarantee the correctness, the accuracy or the completeness of the information. The user must also be aware that the information is subject to change without notice. Therefore CTW does not accept any liability for the content of the site or for any use that may be made of it.
This website contains links to web sites operated by parties other than CTW. CTW does not control such websites and is not responsible for the content of these sites or the use being made of these sites. CTW does not warrant that this website will be available without interruption or that it is error, virus or bug free.
Availability of our Site
Availability of, and access to, our Site is provided to you on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site, its functionality and its contents without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you, or any connected party, if, for any reason, our Site or the content it contains is unavailable for access at any time for any period.
Acceptable Uses of our Site
You may only use our Site for purposes which are lawful and comply with these terms and conditions of use. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material or content which does not comply with our content standards
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any Device, computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions of use.
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site
- any equipment or network on which our Site is hosted
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment, network or software owned or used by any third party in connection with the provision of our Site.
Materials, information and content uploaded to our Site
When uploading materials, information or content, or providing such materials, information or content to others, through our Site you will retain ownership of all applicable intellectual property rights in such materials, information and content. However, by uploading such materials, information and/or content to our Site you grant us a worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free licence to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, store and process all such materials, information and content, and make it available to third parties.
You may terminate this licence by:
- closing your account, except to the extent that such materials, information or content is shared with others and that party copied, shared or stored it; or
- giving us reasonable notice in writing at our registered address.
These content standards apply to any and all materials, information and content which you contribute and/upload to our Site, provide to other users through our Site and messaging functions of our Site and/or contribute to our social media pages and to any interactive services associated with them.
Be aware that content you upload or provide to others through our Site may be seen by other users of our Site so will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. As such, you must comply with the following standards when contributing content to our Site. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate and complete
- be genuinely held and not misleading; and
- comply with applicable law in England and Wales and in any country from which they are posted.
They must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, pornographic, or inflammatory
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person or entity
- be likely to deceive any person
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
By contributing to our Site you warrant that any such contribution complies with those standards. You expressly acknowledge that you will be liable to us and indemnify us in full for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content. CTW will not be held responsible for the loss of any information for whatever reason.
Suspension and termination
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site, its messaging function(s), our social media pages and/or any platforms that we may operate in the future;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your account as a registered user on our Site and/or any other platforms which we operate;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any material (including images, messages, message threads, posts or other content) uploaded by you to our Site, our social media pages or other platforms operated by us;
- issue of a warning to you;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from any alleged or actual breach of these terms and conditions;
- further legal action against you we deem necessary; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude all liability for actions taken in response to breaches of the acceptable use policy. The responses described in these terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
You may apply to become a Registered User of our Site through submitting your personal details to us, including your name, email address and phone number and other information which is necessary for the purposes of granting and maintaining your access to our Site. We expressly reserve the right to refuse, cancel, withdraw or suspend your login/account for any reason at any time.
You have the right to object to these data being used and you are also entitled to examine the personal data relating to you and, if necessary, have them corrected. If you have any questions, please contact info@CambridgeTechWeek.co.uk
Personal data obtained via this website may be processed by the CTW programme to provide you with personalised information. In practice, this means that the data you provide will be shared with the CTW consortium (Cambridge Wireless Ltd and Cambridge Tech Week Ltd) as necessary, for the sole purpose of delivering the CTW programme (unless otherwise specified in these terms).
Registered users of this website will be able to select their CTW ‘marketing preferences’, which will determine the way that we communicate with you. These preferences may include options to individually sign up to separate communications from Cambridge Tech Week Ltd about Cambridge Tech Week activities, as well as to separate communications from CW about their own activities.
The texts, lay-out, drawings and other items on this site are protected by international copyright law. Any copy, adaptation, translation, arrangement, modification of the whole or of any part of this site in any form and by any means, electronical, mechanical or otherwise, is strictly prohibited unless prior written consent has been given by the copyright owner. Any infringement of the above may lead to civil or criminal proceedings.
All Cambridge Tech Week trade-marks and logos are the proprietary marks of Cambridge Tech Week Ltd.